Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back From San Diego!




Well, I'm back and what a trip! Had a great time hanging out with my friends and making new friends. The San Diego Comic Con is quite the deal, over 125,000 people. Beautiful weather and really great food! It was also really great to finally meet "in person" a few "blog friends" of mine . . . Ryan Wood, Todd Harris,
Mark Behm, and William Wray


On my trip to San Diego I had a layover in Denver, had to switch planes and all. While waiting to board the plane, I noticed three guys all with long blonde hair, sitting around guitars and band gear. I've been there before touring and whatnot, flying with my guitar from show to show . . . I didn't know who they were, could just tell they were in a band. I sat with them on the flight and then waited in baggage together to get our stuff. It was funny, I could tell which guy was the drummer, because he was the only one receiving the luggage off the belt. You see, drummer's are sort of like roadies . . . . "A band joke". Anyways, all three guys had very distinct features and I thought boy those guys would be fun to sketch . . . that was the last I saw of them. Two nights ago I turn on Conan O'Brien and see these guys rock'n out. It was a shock to see them there, but even more shocking was how good they were, these guys really rock! I'm a big fan of The Black Keys and they have that sort of raw feel, only juiced up a bit. The band is called Rose Hill Drive , check them out and listen for yourself, really cool music.

This morning I did some quick sketches for a warm up before getting on with the rest of my work day. This sketch is of the bass player and vocalist from Rose Hill Drive

13 Comments:

Blogger Brett W. McCoy said...

Let's hear it for long-haired rockers!

These guys are pretty cool, remind me of Clutch a little bit. Good bluesy vibe to their music.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Will Appledorn said...

great find. they do have a very black keys vibe. thanks for sharing, they're great.

so is that sketch!

6:10 PM  
Blogger RAWLS said...

Glad you had good time at Con my friend! Great sketch!!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Boris Andreev said...

This sketch is just great! I love it :o)
Awesome blog...

Cheers,
Boris

1:44 AM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

NOt Hanson family ??
Great sketche..!! simple draw but all is there ...

7:14 AM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Welcome back Jason.. sketches are fresh .. you've captured the energy.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Ryan Wood said...

Awesome stuff, Jason! Likewise, it was great to meet you, Bobby & Kei in person. The book turned out terrific, some really nice paintings to look at. Hats off to you, mistah!

3:49 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

great to meet you in person! Love the Nlack Keys so I should check these guys.

2:19 AM  
Blogger mKudna23 said...

Wow, that sketch is perty, and the music aint half bad neither!

2:47 AM  
Blogger Lael Henderson said...

thanks for the comment on my blog jason. I've always liked your work. Great stuff!! Nice to see you have a blog, I'll be back often!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

man, now I'm jealous. Wish I were there. Sort of funny how blogging brings everyone together!

9:17 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Would have been great to finally meet you too Marco . . . will you be at the Toronto Fan Expo?

Bill Moore! We need to get together and sketch!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey thats a neat story! buddy, it was really great to meet you in SD> Erica loved the autographed business card. sorry we took off without saying goodbye at the marriott, but i look forward to seein ya again at the ncn convention! woot! countin down the days!!!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners