Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oil block in . . . Bowie Faas.



Sketch of Bowie Faas.



First two steps of the block in . . . I'm using oils on Arches 300 lb hotpress watercolor paper. I first gessoed the front and back of my paper. Stained it with some burnt sienna, transferred my sketch with Saral transfer paper and then began my block in.



I only worked on this for a couple hours last night so this is still in the block in stage. Hopefully I'll have time soon to tighten it up and bring it to a finish?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cool Jason, awesome! Really curious to the final!! This is so aweeeesome!

9:18 AM  
Blogger rwpike said...

Very cool!

11:39 AM  
Blogger duanetheartist said...

Nice work. I am really itching to do an oil portrait. You may have just put added to that feeling.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Yes!!!! Love it man, keep going!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Will Appledorn said...

very nice!

makes me want to do more caricature in oil.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners