Friday, June 17, 2011

Warrior Gnome for World of Warcraft





Earlier on this year I was asked to paint a small piece for Blizzard's World of Warcraft. I was given a choice between a few different characters . . . I ended up choosing the gnome. This was different than what I am used to doing . . . I know absolutely nothing about World of Warcraft. I was given lots of reference on their gnome characters as well as weapons and so on. I had to stick with a certain "feel", but overall, I was able to create the character and look of this little guy pretty much how I wanted.

Most the reference that I was given on World of Warcraft was extremely colorful so I chose to do what felt more natural for me and paint a darker image. I wanted this little bugger to look tough but also cute.

It was a lot of fun to work on and as I mentioned earlier, I'm not into the fantasy type art, or at least I've never worked on anything like this before, so it was a learning experience for me. I have been asked to do more images for W.O.W. so we'll see?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Scribbler said...

brilliant, great form thanks to your exceptional lighting skills

9:43 AM  
Blogger Anthony Francisco said...

it came out pretty cool man :)
I love the crazy expression in his eyes and lips.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Cederic Neven said...

Very cool! And I have to say that face reminds me of Malcolm McDowell.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

great job man! I like when you do the fantasy type stuff.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners