Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cover for D Magazine.




Cover I painted about three weeks ago for D Magazine. This was another quick turn-around. The subject isn't "famous" in the sense that there are pictures available for referencing. I was given one picture to base his likeness from and of course the look and expression they needed was completely different from that of the reference. So, I had to make up his expression . . . I did that by referencing my own face.






Sketches and block in process. You can see from the first sketches that I sketched him smiling . . . after my first sketch, I was told he had to have a different mood and expression. As I mentioned above, I only had one picture to reference from, so I had to imagine what he might look like if he were scowling or a little upset. It was a fun challenge.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Doll said...

Great work Jason! there's a lot of life in your paintings.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Luke Watson said...

Good work with a tough brief, man.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners