Monday, April 01, 2013

Wagner for Der Spiegel!

My latest cover painted for Der Spiegel! This cover was a dream job come true for me. I've been wanting to paint a cover for Der Spiegel for years now, and finally I've done it! Feels good! I was also pleased that they didn't want caricature for this cover, it obviously wouldn't have been appropriate for the article or the man. I've never painted a dragon before and I loved it! They had a very specific dragon in mind and for a while I took it in a very different direction. I soon found out they didn't want a "wicked" looking dragon, or at least, not as wicked as I was making it. Hahah! Wagner was a challenge too but mostly because all the references of him are so old and are of course in black and white. It took me a little longer to figure out my color palette. This was a welcomed challenge and it was a great experience working with Suze who I think is a great art director! That goes a long way. I hope to work with her again real soon? First thing I did was try to get a solid likeness . . . After the likeness was established, I then began to compose the image. Once approved it was time to paint!

11 Comments:

Blogger JRamirez said...

Good job, as always Jason.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Boris said...

I guess I know where the reference for the dragon comes from... greetings from Slovenia.
Great, great, great work!!!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous gutscheine zum ausdrucken said...

guter Kommentar

11:18 AM  
Blogger Mike Eppe said...

You are "das wahnsinnige genie"!
Great work!
Mike

11:38 AM  
Blogger BestName said...

These are truly amazing pieces of art you are so talented
Funny Baby Laughing Video

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Obat Herbal Untuk Wasir Luar Yang Efektif said...

Interesting article .. continue to update and hopefully more successful

2:10 AM  
Anonymous suplemen kesehatan bagi pendertia kanker payudara said...

hard to believe I am very happy to be joined commented here, it makes an experience for me taiwow
cara menyembuhkan tumor mata
cara menyembuhkan kanker vulva
obat kanker limfoma tradisional

3:00 AM  
Anonymous cara mengobati infark miokard akut said...

setelah membaca informasinya ternyata sangat menarik sekali ,lanjutkan terus gan
good luck
cara alami menyembuhkan kista endometriosis
ganoderma plus capsule
cara alami membersihkan darah kotor

3:08 AM  
Blogger haifa ruwaidah said...

for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks

obat herbal herpes zoster
obat herbal rematik mujarab tanpa efeksamping
obat ispa herbal
obat hepatitis c herbal
obat cacar air herbal
obat untuk pengapuran sendi
obat kista payudara
obat benjolan di belakang telinga
Obat Penurun Lemak Dalam Darah
obat pengapuran sendi lutut
Obat Herbal Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi

2:43 AM  
Anonymous bahaya penyakit radang panggul said...

nwow just very nice the websit

2:04 AM  
Anonymous pengobatan mata ikan tanpa operasi said...

i'm like for website after reading all in the page

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners